Saturday, December 7, 2013

How to find a job

Would like to share my story of how a small resume distribution service called ResumeRobin.com helped me find work.

Finding a job in this economy is difficult. I would like to share my story. I have a Bachelor's in Computer Science from an Ivy League school. So, after graduating, I thought finding a job wouldn't be difficult. This was probably 2-3 years ago. I was on the West Coast, in the Bay Area.

Started looking for work about 2-3 months before graduation, thinking this should be plenty of time. Started sending out hundreds of resume. Still nothing. Started getting a little worried. Had to move back with my parents in Kentucky. However, a friend suggested ResumeRobin.com. After uploading my resume, I had about 15 recruiters contact me with specific job opportunities relevant to my major. After doing 3 phone interviews, I was invited to interview in person with a Bay Area startup, who then hired me on a temporary basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment